Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reflecting...

Blogging in general is a great way to express feelings and thoughts. It is also a wonderful way to communicate and form relationships. The blogging experience here has been a little damaged due to the amount of time allotted per day to one person who is in school herself, a first year teacher, a single mother of three little boys...I could go on. Seriously, time can turn a meaningful experience in a fly buzzing around your head, or maybe that is just life in general.

Actually, blogging is fun and useful. I incorpated a classroom blog into my Pre-Ap English class syllabus. The students were very excited to keep an online classroom journal. We had high hopes for this learning tool. Unfortunately, all blog sites are BLOCKED from the school internet. There are a few students who do not have access to home internet service, so this classroom project was eliminated. We were all very disappointed.

I can see how helpful the blogging process can be as a tool for learning and communication. Blogging is a great way to incorporate technology and literacy. I enjoyed reading all the posted blogs and they have been very insightful and helpful. The ideas on other bloggers pages are very creative. I am so appreciative of their sharing. As time goes on, I hope to remain blogging on this site from time to time. I look forward to keeping up with others on theirs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment